Your due date is approaching and it’s your first pregnancy taking information from everyone still confused about the hospital bag packing. You have to be prepared with your hospital bag before 36 weeks to 37 weeks of pregnancy at least 2 weeks before your due date, so there won’t be any last-minute rush to fill the suite case.
First and foremost you and your bystander should have a clear idea about what are the things inside the bag and where it is placed. Some items will be essentials and some are the things that will make you comfy and make you feel like you are at home.
Let’s start packing
- Necessary documents both soft and copy – Emirates Id, Marriage certificate (attested), passport, insurance card
- Hair ties, hair bands, and clips to keep your hair away from the face before during, and after labor.
- Comb, Toothbrush, paste( if you are specific)
- Your skincare items (feeding / pregnancy-friendly). Must take a moisturizer, lip balm, and lotions for your body. If you are using any belly cream you can also take that.
- Nipple cream
- Toiletries – body wash, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, hair serum, makeup, etc… (Which you are most comfortable with). Whatever things make you feel happy and comfortable before and after delivery.
- Maternity pads extra absorbent (if you are specific you can bring some, but the hospital will provide them)
- Clothing- maternity underwear, nursing bras, breast pads (if there are any leaking), front open comfy pajamas, feeding-friendly gowns, socks, and dupattas, in case you feel cold you can also carry any clothes which make you feel warm.
- Breast milk pump – if you are exhausted after the delivery and need a sleep. It will be handy to pump the milk.
- when it comes to food you always have to check with the doctor, but still, you can bring fruits, and tea bags (but the hospital will provide food whenever you need it)
- Glasses, contacts lenses
- Favorite pillow, blanket
- Comfy slippers
- Eye mask – to sleep
- Finally, mobile, power banks, chargers, take your headphones to watch your favorite shows or music, or books.
In the case of normal delivery better if you carry 2 sets of clothes for the hospital stay and 1 set to wear after discharge.
In case you’re having C-section always pack a bag with extra 3 sets of clothes, nursing bras, and maternity underwear, if necessary your bystander can take them to the hospital without panicking.
- Baby lotion diaper cream and diapers(the hospital will provide, but if any particular brand), wet wipes
- socks, mittens, and booties carry 3-4 pairs, swaddle blanket
- Receiving blanket and burp cloths
- 2-3 sets of baby clothes (rompers), if it is cold weather always take sweaters (cardigans), caps, soft towels, and wrapping towels.
- Feeding bottle if necessary. 1 dress to take the baby back home.
- First pregnancy you must carry a baby sleeping bag to hold the baby safely.
- If you are in UAE, must bring a baby car seat to take your baby home.
You’re all set, everything is ready and place the suite case in a handy place so any time you can take it and head to the hospital. Make sure you have washed babies’ clothes (for hygiene purposes). Always take advice from midwives for more clarity.
Happy labor is a key to Better recovery.
In Millennium Hospital which mainly focused on women and child care, our team of professional doctors and midwives who can help you and provide you best possible care. You can get in touch with us by clicking contact
You can also Schedule an appointment with our doctors through Book an Appointment