Pregnancy is the period when your body gives you some restrictions to safeguard the baby in the womb. In some ways like maintaining the posture while sitting, sleeping, walking, and food habits. So here are some do’s and don’ts you must follow while you are pregnant.
• Don’t change the cat’s kitty litter: it contains a single-celled parasite that can be transferred to you and it is too dangerous for the baby’s healthy growth
• Don’t sock in the hot tub: increased temperature can affect babies’ neural tubes that cause neural tube defects. May lead to miscarriage
• Avoid high-level mercury fish: which increases the chance of miscarriage.
• Avoid working with strong chemicals: even toilet cleaners, bleaches, and disinfectants which we use in our home are chemicals.
• Don’t skip on hydration: Feeling constant urination can make you consider drinking less water.
• Raw milk, raw meat, half cooked (RL – MH): These are not the best diet for pregnant women.
• Don’t take pain killer: without consulting your ob. never take any medicines.
• Never consider any search engine as a doctor: Always talk to the doctor if you are having any doubts or discomfort.
• Don’t go over bored with exercise: even though exercising is very beneficial to your baby and you, going extra intense exercises is not good during pregnancy time. But if your ob. shows a green signal you can do it.
• Don’t involve in activities that are not safe: rock climbing, scuba diving, ice skating, no amusement park rides.
• Don’t be a secondhand smoker(RL- Ahalia): It is very dangerous for your baby
• Avoid alcohol, smoking, vaping (electronic cigars), and drugs: It is very important to notice the food that you eat has any alcoholic ingredients.
• Sleep: Always consider taking naps and rest whenever you need. You need at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night. it is very important to maintain sleeping position
• Healthy eating: Always try to take small meals, more frequently. Which should include minerals, vitamins, calcium, iron, and folic acids. Your ob. will prescribe multivitamins if you need any.
• Exercise: Doing exercise is very good for your health as well as for your baby. Helps you from gaining weight, sore muscles, etc…
• Eating seafood: Consuming a variety of seafood is good to have different vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, a maximum of 12 ounces of fish per week is good.
•Wearing a seatbelt: You should wear a seat belt, and you should wear the seatbelt properly, lap belt should go under your belly never place it in the middle of your womb.
• Choosing Skincare/ makeup: Some skincare/ makeup products may have harmful ingredients which are not good for the baby’s growth. It is better to take suggestions from your healthcare provider while choosing skincare or makeup.
In Millennium Hospital which mainly focused on women and child care, our team of professional doctors and midwifes who can help you and provide you best possible care. You can get in touch with us by clicking contact
You can also Schedule an appointment with our doctors through Book an Appointment