Dr. Fatima has completed her bachelor’s degree in medicine from Khartoum Medical College – Sudan followed by completion of MRCP from the United Kingdom in the year 1998.
She has an experience of over 25 years as a Neonatologist and has served Government Hospitals of Abu Dhabi as a Consultant Neonatologist for the tertiary Neonatology unit at Mafraq Hospital and Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City.
• Managing different gestational age & ELBWT neonates
• Decide invasive procedures and manage critically ill babies who need different modes of invasive & non-invasive ventilation.
• Total body cooling, nitric oxide therapy, exchange transfusions. Inserting central lines. Ventricular tap
• Managing and establishing pre- & post-operative patients including CDH, VP shunt 7 different bowel surgeries.
• Attending & arranging for high-risk deliveries.
• Ante-natal and postnatal counseling in case of high-risk pregnancies.
• Registrar at SCBU: During this period, Mafraq Hospital was the referral center for cardiology, cardiac surgery, renal transplant & burns in the UAE.
• Management of a level III NICU with facilities of international standards. It is one of the tertiary referral centers for neonates in the UAE. Modern advances in neonatal care, (Surfactant, INO, head cooling) were introduced at almost the same period as in developed countries.
• Introduced the S.T.A.B.L.E. program to Syria (May 2010)
• Established the S.T.A.B.L.E Program (June 2008) at Mafraq Hospital
• Introduced infant CPR in Mafraq NICU 2008
• Established the first Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) in the UAE (2001)
• Faculty ECFMG residency program
Countries with Medical Licensure: Sudan & UAE
Total years of Experience: 25 years
Total years of Experience in UAE: 8 years
Languages spoken: English & Arabic