Dr. Rekha Ahluwalia is a Senior Anesthesiologist with over 23 years of professional experience. She completed her Bachelor’s Degree (MBBS) from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal– MP India 1991-1996 followed by House Job – In Obstetrics and Gynecology 1996-1997. She has a Master’s (MD) in Anesthesiology from Mahatma Gandhi Memorial (MGM) Medical College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh- India in the academic year 2000-2003.
Dr. Rekha is a highly experienced Professional in Anesthesiology and has provided General anesthesia and regional Anesthesia independently for all surgical subspecialties, and to all age groups.
Prior to her experience in the UAE, she served as an Anesthesiologist in New Delhi while undergoing Senior Registraship at GTB Hospital attached to UCMS Medical College, then at Dammam, Saudi Arabia at King Fahd Super Specialty Hospital, Dammam for 7 years.
● Difficult Airway management-: She has very good experience in handling all cases of difficult Intubation and has obtained many certificate courses in the same She is well versed in using Advanced gadgets for airway management like C-Mac & Fiber- Optic devices
● Acute Pain management: Managing the post-operative pain by multi-modal administration of drugs following the WHO Pain Ladder which includes the use of multiple groups of drug combinations for effective outcomes.
● Management of Post-Operative Pain by PCA (Patient Control Analgesia) & PCEA (Patient-controlled Epidural Analgesia)
● Administering Anesthesia for Co-morbid patients with Diabetes, Hypertension, Ischemic Heart Disease, and liver and kidney derangements.
● She has also good experience in administering General Anesthesia in patients with respiratory illnesses like Asthma, COPD & Interstitial Lung Disease
● Regional Anesthesia – upper and lower limb block Orthopedic Gynecology and obstetrics as well as general- surgery cases
● Neuro-anesthesia For Craniotomies (Brain Surgeries) and Spine Surgeries.
● Critical Care
● She has conducted multiple Continued Medical Education Presentations at all the served institutes of past experience throughout her 23 years of career.
Countries with Medical Licensure: UAE, India
Total years of Experience: 23 years
Total years of UAE Experience: 8 years
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi & Sindhi